Sunday, August 19, 2007

Elvis is in the House

I guess it had to happen sooner or later. The village with two Crystal Jade Restaurants has acquired a Marmalade Pantry. Sadly, it's located where Cafe Rosso used to be. That's a pity because the latter served excellent food, albeit at luxe prices and with poor service. Still one hopes it hasn't died for good, merely moved elsewhere.

Of course Marmalade Pantry isn't exactly cheap either. We had a grilled pesto chicken wrap with roasted butternut pumpkin (very tasty), a bowl of sweet pepper and tomato soup (excellent stuff - I wonder what stock they use), a specialty tea, a latte and took three cupcakes away to the tune of $53 in total. Yummy but pricey.


two Elvis (chocolate banana with peanut butter topping), for ES and me, and one Limonata, for HM

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Sonicstarburst said...

I just had a limonata and D, the Elvis. I had the sticky date pudding...to die for. The mezze plate was wonderful too! Lucky u...so close by.

4:47 pm  
Blogger blobbes said...

I don't know. Not to sound ungrateful, but I think I would have preferred a Toast. The menu's more practical on an everyday basis. If I wanted special, like a Marmalade Pantry, I wouldn't have minded travelling.

8:14 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home